GeneArt Gene Synthesis is a reliable and cost-effective method for obtaining customized DNA constructs with 100% sequence accuracy. Our GeneOptimizer algorithm utilizes a multifactorial approach (up to 20 parameters) beyond just traditional codon optimization to significantly improve protein expression when it comes to wild-type protein.
The GeneArt Instant Designer ordering tool provides a powerful yet simple approach to ordering with both Prime and Value Gene Synthesis Services to tackle everything from simple to complex sequences.
Limited time offer: 40% off Value Gene synthesis*
Use promo codes P4470980 (US) and P4470994 (Canada) Offer ends Dec 31, 2021.
Order using the GeneArt Instant Designer portal to get:
- 40% off value gene synthesis up to 5kb
- NEWNow even faster turnaround time for cloned genes 1.2 – 3kb
- Access to our most popular expression vectors such as Invitrogen pcDNA3.4?
- Advanced gene optimization design included with every order at no extra cost
Option 1: Order your genes with GeneArt Instant Designer
- NEWNow even faster turnaround time for cloned genes 1.2 – 3kb
- Bulk upload of DNA & Protein sequences
- Advanced gene optimization included at no extra cost
- Easily add Midi-Giga plasmid prep scales to your order
Option 2: Classic GeneArt Gene Synthesis Portal
- Upload your own custom vectors
- Wide selection of vectors
- Classic interface
- Access previously saved projects ordered using the classic portal
Option 3: Email Ordering
For GeneArt API ordering, download the guide to get started.
Introducing Value and Prime Gene Synthesis Services
With our new Instant Designer gene synthesis tool, we’ve introduced 2 pricing tiers for even better value. Based on your sequence criteria, you’ll have the option to choose within the tool and be guided at each step of the way. Below is a guide to which service level to choose.
|Classic GeneArt Gene Synthesis Portal||GeneArt Instant Designer|
|Gene Synthesis Services||Value Gene Sythesis Services||Prime Gene Synthesis Services|
Direct Cloning Vectors:
Direct Cloning Vectors:
|Order method||Offline and online||Online only||Offline and online|
|Sequence complexity||Available for complex and non-complex sequences||Non-Complex Sequences (GC content 20–80%, uncomplicated secondary structure and without direct/indirect repeats, or long polypurine/polypyrimidine runs)||Available for complex and non-complex sequences|
|Supported sequence length (bp)||100–9,000||200–5,000||100–12,000|
|QC sequencing method|
|Add-on services or upgrades||Not applicable|
|Standard production time||Starting from 7 days*||Starting from 7 days||Starting from 7 days*|
* Express and SuperSPEED are available for faster service. For a more detailed see the table below.
Order with confidence
Like all GeneArt Gene Synthesis services, our standard gene synthesis includes the following components to help assure that your construct meets all of your research, quality, and documentation requirements.
GeneArt Gene Synthesis production times
It is important to note that genes are made-to-order products and can show variations in producibility, depending on the complexity of the DNA sequence. Typical production times are met for > 90% of genes produced. Production time is the number of business days required to synthesize genes in our manufacturing facility. Delivery time is in addition to production time and depends on the destination of the shipment.
For the best pricing and most accurate turnaround time remember to optimize your sequences.
|Range (bp)||Value gene synthesis||Prime gene synthesis|
Options to get your cloned genes even faster
- Use our Express service* to save 1-2 days of turnaround time
- SuperSPEED starts at only 5 days (up to 1.8kb)
* Valid for gene synthesis (non-complex, GC content 20-80%, repetitions, secondary structures).
For complex sequences, production times will be longer and these will be communicated prior to production.
** Subject to sequence assessment. Order must be placed by 3:00 p.m. CET. Please note: Rarely, requested sequences are found to be toxic and/or genetically unstable. These production times are only valid for nontoxic sequences that are genetically stable in E. coli.
(Sub) genome and long gene synthesis ordering
For researchers who need long custom DNA constructs for pharmaceutical development (e.g. viral genomes) or for metabolic engineering, pathway engineering, or synthetic biology, we offer a fast, reliable, and economic solution—our proprietary and completely in-house GeneArt DNA synthesis and assembly services.
- High-throughput gene synthesis with a capacity of >8.5 Mbp per month (fast and reliable production of DNA pieces for assembly)
- Expert design and assembly technologies and process expertise for the assembly of constructs from 10 kb to several hundred kilobases, with timelines starting from 25 business days
- Robust technologies to build DNA constructs with highest complexity
- Sanger sequencing and next-generation sequencing offer flexible solutions for sequence verification and final QC
- Proven track record of reliable and timely production for long and complex constructs, with dozens of constructs built each year
- Proprietary technologies to build high-quality gene fragments up to 3 kb, and assembly kits that enable do-it-yourself construction and assembly
Learn more about (Sub) genome size and long gene synthesis
Why choose GeneArt Gene Synthesis
- Flexible, custom process: Obtain the exact sequence you need in the vector of your choice—including challenging, complex constructs, and custom vectors.
- Maximized protein yield: Optional sequence processing with GeneOptimizer software generates sequence variants with enhanced mRNA stability and translational efficiency.
- Rapid synthesis and assembly: Standard turnaround times start at 10 business days (accelerated options available).
- Economical: The cost of the GeneArt Gene Synthesis service rivals costs that would be incurred to purchase the oligonucleotides and molecular biology reagents required for gene synthesis, and outsourcing your gene synthesis and cloning means you can focus on your research.
- Excellent accuracy: All custom synthesized genes are sequenced as part of our ISO 9001:2015–certified quality management system; we only ship constructs with exact sequence agreement.
- Multiple options: We can synthesize ready-to-clone linear fragments, synthetic genes in circular plasmids, complete vectors, and more. Compare all gene synthesis options
- "GeneArt it": Save time and labor by outsourcing your gene synthesis and cloning so you can focus on your research.
Gene synthesis is a fast, simple alternative to traditional cloning
Whether you have limited cloning experience or simply want to save time, the GeneArt Gene Synthesis service helps you move your ideas from the planning stage to the laboratory more quickly. Benefit from our experience in successfully producing over 180,000 constructs for customers as diverse as large pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology start-ups, and basic research institutions. The comparison shown below highlights the time and effort saved compared to traditional cloning.
GeneArt Gene Synthesis process
Submitted DNA sequences are designed by our team of highly skilled scientists to include/exclude restriction enzyme sites and translation elements as requested, and are optionally optimized using our GeneOptimizer software for maximum protein production.
All constructs are sequence-verified; only those that match the requested sequence 100% are shipped. The DNA is delivered as 5 μg lyophilized plasmid DNA in microcentrifuge tube.
Up to a 100-fold increase in expression
The GeneOptimizer process has been shown to help deliver large increases in protein yield via a combination of factors that stabilize mRNA and maximize translation efficacy (see figure). Efficacy has been proven in a large comparative gene expression study (Multiparameter RNA and Codon Optimization: A Standardized Tool to Assess and Enhance Autologous Mammalian Gene Expression Fath et al., 2011 PLoS ONE).
Comparative expression analysis of wild type vs. an optimized human gene. Western blot analysis using α-His antibody.Expression levels of two independent transfections per wild type and optimized construct are displayed, showing a 3-fold difference in expression in this particular analysis. Standardization is based on endogenous protein.
Related Products and Services
- GeneArt Strings DNA Fragments
- GeneArt Protein Purification Services
- DNA Libraries and directed evolution
- Cloning Products
- PCR Products
- Protein Expression systems
Whitepapers and Webinars
- Essential strategies to optimize protein expression
- Webinar: Fast and reliable gene synthesis for optimized protein expression
- Webinar: Complete workflow solution from gene to protein
Peer reviewed literature
* This promotion is open to customers in the US (excluding Puerto Rico) and Canada who purchase GeneArt cloned Value Genes up to 5kb via the GeneArt Instant Designer online ordering portal located here, and apply either promo code P4470980 (US) or P4470994 (CA) during checkout. Discount will apply to qualifying orders received by Life Technologies no later than December 31, 2021, or until promotional supplies are depleted, whichever comes first. 40% discount applies to the list price of VLGS02KDE, VLGS05KDE or VLGSMINDE in effect at the time the order is received by Life Technologies. Cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions. Offer void where prohibited, licensed, or restricted by federal, state, provincial, or local laws or regulation or agency/institutional policy. Other restrictions may apply.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.